Skip to main content

On the Sticks

Our new house is much closer to the T station than our apartment was, but it is further out on the red line. This gives me a much longer ride and I've been taking the opportunity to get more knitting in. It's hard to knit at home with a active near-toddler so the commute is really the best time I have.

Peek-A-Boob halter
Never going to work for me
Since I not only nurse my daughter but also pump milk at work, I find I have to be mindful of what I wear all the time so that I can have access. With that in mind, I decided to make a nursing sweater. Knitty.com does have a pattern for a nursing halter, but while it looks nice, it's not going to offer me any support (I am MUCH more generously endowed than the model) so I had to think of something else.  I like the idea of something I could lift rather than pull down so decided to work something up myself.

sweater in progress
Work in progress
Knitty had a pattern for a very easy pullover called Tempting that gave me an idea. The eyelet holes at the top might just work  as a decorative edge for somthing that lifts up from the middle. I decided to use this pattern for the bottom and add the eyelets halfway. I also bound off the front half and then continued the top using the pattern for Tempting II. Pardon the stained office carpet, but you can see here how the two peices are put together with a gap in the front. The ribbon will be thread in the middle, tying the top half down. I may add a discreet button or two as well to make sure it stays in place. I then need only untie the ribbon, lift and nurse!

Hopefuly once I finish and weave in ALLLL the ends the humidity will drop and I'll have a chance to wear it. It actually knit up fairly quickly so I may even try another one to add to my autumn wardrobe. Now if only I could get a sewing room together at home I could try for some skirts or trousers to complete the look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The London Trip - LONG POST

The Doc and I had the following email exchange yesterday: The Doc: I just noticed, I can't find your England Report on your blog, you say you will tell people what happened but I can't find the actual info Teru: Hmm, I should put that up, shouldn't I The Doc: Only if you want to go into details about your booty call ;-) Teru: Hmmm, I'm still uncertain about how much information I want to share on the web. It might get me more readers though :) The Doc: Don't mind what you tell people, let them know how badly I was at sex, I don't care... tell them how you got ill and had to be cared for. tell them about the time I ran out of money and had to ask for NTL to put my money back into my account. you have my consent. Anything you want. But most importantly of all you MUST tell people how much I love you, and how much I smiled and how much we kissed in public. Oh and don't forget the meet and the reading bit. Since he said I could tell all, so

Sunday Dinner

I didn't get pictures of all of it as by the time everything was cooked I just wanted to sit down and eat. The menu was: Salad of cabbage, spinach and carrot Roast Quorn with Roasted potatoes Mushy peas Yorkshire pudding Bread with homemade butter Steamed pudding with custard Peas soaking Potatoes await their fate Another gorgeous loaf of bread Fruit was leftover booze-soaked fruit (kept in the freezer) from the Christmas pudding With Custard

And so it begins again