I was asked, after posting some pictures on Facebook, for the recipes, so here we go with them.
|Ready to get hotted up|
- Sauté sliced mushrooms in butter with a little pepper until browned. Remove from pan.
- Cook sliced small tomatoes in same pan (add more fat as needed), browning both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same pan cook bacon (I did the facon in this pan but it could be back bacon). Remove and crumble.
- Cook link sausages (4) in the pan until browned. Cut into thirds, remove.
- In a blender, whiz up three large eggs. Add 2/3 cup of flour and some salt. Deglaze the cooking pan with milk. Add the milk to the egg/flour. Add enough milk to make the mixture the thickness of heavy cream.
- Heat oven to 400F
- Add fat to pudding/muffin tins. Sprinkle bacon in the fat, place in oven until hot and bubbly.
- Pour batter over hot fa, filling the cups about halfway.
Cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add 1 sausage piece, mushrooms and tomato to each pudding (you'll need to squish down the middle), place back in oven for 10 minutes
|Ready for the oven|
- Slice in half lengthwise and widthways (to get four pieces per spear) half pound of asparagus
- Place asparagus and a good knob of butter in a cast iron skillet and put into a 400 degree oven until asparagus starts to soften.
- Whisk 6 eggs with1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped chives and 1/4 - 1/2 cup grated cheese.
- Pour into hot pan, over the asparagus.
- Cook until browned on top (about 15 minutes)
|Just add egg|
- Cook 1 1/2 cups basamati with 3 cups water with a pinch of tumeric (if not tumeric, a dash of mild curry and/or some saffron)
- Hard boil 4 eggs, set aside
- Chop one large onion
- Heat a tablespoon or so of butter and cook onion until soft
- Add 1 teaspoon Madras curry paste
- Add rice and stir to combine.
- Stir in 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chop 1/2 cup parsley, add to rice
- Flake 6oz smoked fish (I used salmon as I couldn't find haddock), removing any bones if need be. Add to rice
- Peel and quarter the eggs, gently add to rice