Skip to main content

pissy, a. coarse slang.

Or, how someone could study linguistic theory without owning a dictionary.

Okay, now that last really was pissy. But this is my space to vent my spleen so vent I shall. Had day-long arguments with people who would pick apart the least thing I said as being unclear (and I really didn't think they were, but did specify every single word later to avoid it in future), but refused to belived that saying "everything is x" would be in anyway unclear (hyperbole, 1. Rhet. A figure of speech consisting in exaggerated or extravagant statement), and when the exaggeration was pointed out, refused to understand that the clarification offered was a change in verbage (variant of VERBIAGE), and not a change in ideas.

There is a lot of personal stuff in the background that is not being acknowledged. Some is it between what is “real” and what is merely online. I feel sure that were these conversations happening face-to-face, they would never behave this way. But there is also the element of jealousy that has crept in that is not being acknowledged. The two women in question were happy to flirt with the boy at the end of the electrons as a safe distraction. They said he was too young for them, and were both already in relationships, but they enjoyed the flirting nonetheless.

But when the time came that he began flirting with someone who saw him as real, and not simply lines of text (yes, I do mean me), and one willing to return affection, things changed. Both of us were ignored more, and when I was not ignored, my views were picked apart and attacked. A lot of this also began when the idea came to move from an online environment to the flesh, in terms of a meet-up in London. Suddenly there was the possibility that these were real people. Real people can be a scary thing, which is easy to attack in cyberspace. You never have to worry about your opponent’s reaction or deal with the aftermath.

You can safely turn off your computer.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

The London Trip - LONG POST

The Doc and I had the following email exchange yesterday: The Doc: I just noticed, I can't find your England Report on your blog, you say you will tell people what happened but I can't find the actual info Teru: Hmm, I should put that up, shouldn't I The Doc: Only if you want to go into details about your booty call ;-) Teru: Hmmm, I'm still uncertain about how much information I want to share on the web. It might get me more readers though :) The Doc: Don't mind what you tell people, let them know how badly I was at sex, I don't care... tell them how you got ill and had to be cared for. tell them about the time I ran out of money and had to ask for NTL to put my money back into my account. you have my consent. Anything you want. But most importantly of all you MUST tell people how much I love you, and how much I smiled and how much we kissed in public. Oh and don't forget the meet and the reading bit. Since he said I could tell all, so

Sunday Dinner

I didn't get pictures of all of it as by the time everything was cooked I just wanted to sit down and eat. The menu was: Salad of cabbage, spinach and carrot Roast Quorn with Roasted potatoes Mushy peas Yorkshire pudding Bread with homemade butter Steamed pudding with custard Peas soaking Potatoes await their fate Another gorgeous loaf of bread Fruit was leftover booze-soaked fruit (kept in the freezer) from the Christmas pudding With Custard

The machine works!

I replaced the belt on the sewing machine last night, fired it up and she works a treat! I still haven't oiled anything yet, but I'm already planning a real, non-hankie project. I just ordered this skirt from Davenport and Company in Springfield. Fantastic email customer service by they way if you ever decide to order anything. This looks like it should be easy enough for me to muck about with using whatever fabric I can find around the house before I go buy something nice. The next project I'm contemplating is a vintage jumper with an Ubuntu logo embroidered on it for spouse. That will probably take a while though, and I still have a few other things to finish first. I promise I'll get the pictures of the tea cozies I made over Christmas plus the one I'm working on now.